Thursday, September 22, 2005

Literally.

today is 2fer Thursday on Not Shocking.
written 9/21/05

I love to laugh out of control. Sometimes (um, often) when i laugh really hard i snort. I can't help it. And that's funny. So then i keep laughing.

Maybe the ultimate moment would be when nary a care entered my mind and i could laugh, dance, and maybe even have an orgasm at the same time. is that possible? I'd like to try.

And the reason I'd like to try is because really, this matrix around us is what we create - and while transitions make this process more arduous, it's pure cowardice which prevents us from using the transition to better ourselves. Learn from everything. No regrets. I am who i am because of what i did and what i experienced and I am proud of it. And when all that heavy shit is said and done - just fucking laugh.

I was at a Catholic wedding a few yrs ago (longest weddings ever) and in the midst of a prayer-song (what are those things called) about jesus and man, i got the giggles. I literally could not stop laughing. A far more spiritual experience for me than dwelling on the torture of a carpenter gone rabbi. and the bride heard my giggles. and still remembers it as a happy moment.

As I'm typing this from work, a woman on the other end of the phone just asked me "is the addendum an addition to the contract or a replacement" - just one more thing to laugh about.

So here's David Cross. One of the hottest Jewish men to walk the earth who also makes me laugh out loud. literally.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Begone foul spammers!

I trust you've caught the new season of Arrested Development by now, yes?? Cross is in rare form this season and that = high hillarity.