Tuesday, September 12, 2006

The Latin Rita


,
letter to the latin american club margarita. from a girl around the block.

Dear Latin Rita,

I missed you, didn't realize it but... It was good to run into you again. I'd forgotten your sinfully delicate flavor, what is it that you posess? is it something ingrained in your very nature? how is it that in one meeting, before i'm one third of the way done getting pleasure from your taste, i forget everything around me and it's just us. Just me and you, Latin 'Rita. And what a tease you are, mimicking other margs in your dapper looks but really - the truth is - there isn't anything quite like you. I'm glad we could connect again. I know you have many lovers. So I'll remain content as one of your passing admirers - as long as you'll have me when i come for you. Thanks for being you. Just one of you is enough for me. While i dabble with alluring pinot grapes, I will not forget the joy you bring me on those spontaneous nights when i soak you up. And i want to thank you.
thank you for your potency - so i can have just one drink on the nights when i am most broke but still want to hang with the boys. You have a way of erasing my day, my memory, my inhibition, when i've had just 50% of you - and yet i always accidentally want more. You fool me - most can't fool me - so thank you for playing me the fool. Thank you for always maintaining the status quo in the mission by drawing artists in thankless businesses to your home. Thanks for leading the way to La Altena. There are no others in our neighborhood who can keep up with you. You are our one and only, Latin 'Rita. just be you. i'll come back to consume all that you are yet again, we will share time in the future. of that I am most sure. So until then...be well.


-girl around the block



technorati tags: , , , , ,

No comments: