Friday, September 01, 2006

bumberniuk

so I'm in seattle, all hepped up on bumbershoot and carrying my favorite hard cover copy of Palahniuk's Choke (which i plan to get signed at bumbershoot during his panel session) - when it dawned on me that i might be embarking upon a very palahniuk weekend overall. The great irony, of course, is the opportunity to hang with chuck on "labor day weekend" - a sanctioned "holiday" for the worker bees of america. And, on this labor free palahniukian weekend, I'm staying with my friend Marla, who bears the same name as tyler durden's anchor in Palahniuk's more famed novel, Fight Club. It's good to see Marla, her apartment is almost as beautiful as she is - cozy, overlooks the water with an amazing skyline view, nestled on a street full of trees in Seattle's Capitol Hill. Marla is a bit shorter and smaller than me (her showerhead comes to my neck) and runs an amazing legal file sharing site - I'm serious - called Weedshare. Marla is always on the prowl for sites that are Weed friendly. My kind of woman. She may be the only woman other than Mary Hodder who will beat me to the pie-in-the-sky goal of making the cover of Wired. but most importantly, Marla loves to dance. And since it's a very palahniuk weekend, perhaps you will enjoy watching her dip the palm tree while passers by go about their day.



This gem of a video, of Weedshare's Marla is the perfect kick off to bumbering... Tonight it's out to dinner with some folks from Sarathan Records & Marla & John from Weedshare. Perhaps there's some cuisine in this city which can satisfy a girl from San Francisco. Keep emailing me about the bands you think i should see, i've been getting your notes (you know who are). on the list for the morrow: Blondie, Halou, Chuck Palahniuk, lady sovereign, deerhoof, alejandro escovedo, badly drawn boy, rogue wave, JFJO and. . . .?

Tomorrow, bumberday1, also marks the arrival of CathyCracks, who unknowingly (or perhaps knowingly) represents all my friends in vancouver who wish they were here. See you tomorrow Cathy. Get ready to represent the Van and ROCK the bumber_photos tomorrow.



technorati tags: , , , ,

No comments: